(10/13) The Matrix Conclusion

In class today we had our red v. blue pill debate. While I was personally was on the side of the red pill, I sympathized with a lot of the arguments made by the blue pill side. I thought that perhaps the strongest argument that the blue pill side made was the famous saying, "ignorance is bliss". This obviously heavily supported their point for taking the blue pill and thus not gaining true consciousness. However, the red pill side argued that it takes courage to fully face reality, and that you must do so to fix the problem. In closing I made the remark that I think both sides have really solid points and that it's not ideal either way, it is instead the version of reality you are comfortable living with. I truly believe this point, and agree with the French way of teaching critical thinking, as illustrated by Professor Santiago. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite, "Love, Death, and Robots", Film - POP SQUAD

Introduction

(9/22) - Philip K. Dick